10 Amazing iPad Facts and Figures – The Story So Far
I know it’s always dangerous to start quoting the latest facts and figures, this lot will soon be outdated and yesterdays news, so quickly is the iPad phenomenon stampeding around the world. Anyway, since the iPad was first launched 14 short months ago in April 2010 it’s success has been nothing short of astounding. Just check out these facts and figures and you’ll soon see what I’m on about . . .
- There have been more than 25 million iPads sold in just 14 months.
- There have been more than 15 million iPads 2 sold in the last 3 months (since March 2011).
- The Apple iPad is fully expected to take a whopping 83% of the tablet market by the end of 2011 in the USA (I for one won’t be arguing with that one).
- Since the App store opened in July 2008, more than 14 billion apps have been downloaded, with around 10% of the daily downloads being for the iPad since it’s arrival.
- The Apple store has more than 500,000 apps available, with around 65,000 for the iPad.
- The top 3 iPad app free downloads (at the moment) are Stick Wars, Soundhound and Flightrack . . . have you got them?
- The top 3 iPad app paid downloads are Movies by Flixster, Google mobile app and Pandora.
- It’s estimated that the average iPhone and iPad user has downloaded more than 60 different apps.
- The median (or average) revenue for an iPhone or iPad app developer is estimated to be around $8,700 per app.
- The average price of an app is $3.64, but around 37% of them are still free.
Okay, here’s one more piece of info you might be interested in . . . Apple has a database of more than 200 million credit card customers . . . that’s rumored to be even more than Amazon.